Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Long Weekend


Well, the weekend has come & gone & now, we're well & truly on the way to Christmas.


Although Christmas is on its way I'm still not feeling the Summer vibe...overcast & chilly here...although its a bit milder outside than inside.


But I have been in the mood to create...although it hasn't been scrappy creating - I've decided to use for sewing machine for SEWING ...imagine that- my darling was kind enough to buy it for me to use for scrapping & I didn't think I would use it to make clothes - but here I am with 2 patterns - a skirt for Taigy & pants for Ravey & I have actually created one of each - I'm really quite proud of myself -

and am even tempted to make myself something - but don't want to get too carried away, cos I know what I'm like...will buy the pattern & fabric & then make another thing for the kids & the novelty will wear off before I get to me LOL!

Ravey cracks me up - he's got a thing for bread at the mo...Wayne was working on one of the cars & I was sewing Taigy's skirt, so Rave goes to the pantry & grabs the french stick & starts to have a munch...his portable picnic.

We went over to Mum & Dad's yesterday for a family dinner - nice to catch up with everyone & get some photos of the kids together.

I'm going through a weird feeling flat phase at the mo - I'm thinking its the meditation CDs I've been listening to ...messing with my brain...well, more like spring cleaning my brain, but its like all the crap is swept into a pile, that has to come out somewhere, somehow & its coming out in the form of a bad attitude - so I'm kind of trying to hibernate a bit so that as few as possible people are affected by it...but with my mind focused on its cleansing, there's little room left for creating at the mo - so I'm feeling kinda flat in the scrappy arena.....but this too shall pass - so I guess I'd better get on & get over it aye!!

Well, I might share some pics later, for now I feel like giving Rave a bit of a snuggle :o)

8 comments:

Beverley said...

Funny - my sewing machine has been used for real sewing lately too. I guess once I'd used it for scrapping it didn't seem so scary anymore ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hope your'e feeling better soon Kel!

Rochelle said...

Glad to hear you have a good weekend :) What a cute pic of Raven! Love his portable picnic idea, definatly worth a layout. Not good to hear you are feeling blah, but you sound like you know how to work through it. Cuddles with your kids are a great place to start! :p Hope you are feeling your bubbly self again soon.

Ali Russell said...

Hi Kel...
Real sewing on a sewing machine???...huh??? I thought they were made for paper...lol
Hope you are feeling a bit brighter soon!!!
Chat soon
Ali x x

Lara said...

mmm, i tried the sewing thing recently - i can use it better for scrapping :-) hugs!

Julie said...

Will try and send over some of our hot summer vibe for you Kel - we have plenty to share at the moment!!
You'll have to take a pic of the clothes you've made - would love to see them. Have always wanted to make pretty little girls dresses but wouldn't have a clue how to lol.

Julie xx

Mrs Frizz said...

So when do we get to see a layout showing off your creativity both scrapping and sewing ... time to share Kell ...

Hope you have got rid of that 'blah' feeling now ...

Anthea said...

hey I love the clear album below, I got me one of those but forget to get me some spare time to go with it!!

hey you've been tagged